1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

A new and cool way to race mini4wd

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Turner, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Hey guys.
    It's been awhile since I have been on here. Been checking out this mini4wd track out in California.and they have a very cool way you can race Mini4wd. By either sending in your cars built to run certain classes.and even create your team. Or this very cool way to race by leasing Cars in one of their 6 classes.and they have this very cool system to pay for leasing cars. Joining a team and entering in races. By paying with coins you can buy on their website which you will have an online account.you buy the coins with real money. 10,000 are just $1.
    Now alot of their racing is endurance racing. There is a lot more to all this so if your interested please go to their website. They are still getting everything updated. And ready to go. But you can contact them.
    So go here. www.Mini4wdworldcup.com.
    To check it out. Also they have a YouTube channel as well. Mini4wd.com
    I think their whole way and system that they are doing is so innovative. You should be able to touch the link to their website.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. Mini4WDcom

Mini4WDcom Box Kit

Hi Scott... thank you, again for the kind words...

3. SignOfZeta

SignOfZeta Spacer

I’ve been watching on YouTube. The transponders and the app take Mini4WD to a new level...a level where races can be much longer due to data collection.

Being able to say “this motor slowed down after 30km” is really significant.

4. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Yes it is. Last race I am in GT3 class with the white Alblista and had a something go wrong in a collision. Car did slow but still went the full 1 hour race doing 116 laps. Since one lap is 377.2 feet my race raced 8.3 miles. In GT3 class you use the stock motor and so far it lasted around 22 miles. That's impressive.
    I can too see this as a popular way to race mini4wd. In the future believe it or not they want to do events where it's 6 hour race 12 hour races with full blown out stops to change not only batteries but change motors as well. These motors to I believe haven't been broke in. Know there wanting to do break the motors. But all that info they know more than me on what they are doing.
    Thanks for watching us on YouTube.
    You and some others should go to the site lease a few cars but some upgrades available and race with us.

5. Mini4WDcom

Mini4WDcom Box Kit

Thank you for the kind words... so far, it has been a lot of fun... we had a couple of new drivers wanting to add Sliwolf & Night Hunter to GT3 class, yet we are still working out the back plate arrangement for holding the transponder on there since the Silwolf has a rounded back on the body and the Night Hunter only has 2 screw sockets holding on the entire back stay...

Attached Files:

6. Mini4WDcom

Mini4WDcom Box Kit

don't forget, Scott... your GT3 car did 133 laps in Race #4 of 18 in our 2019 super season... that's 15,295 meters in an hour... that's 9.5 miles... (track record being 167 laps by an LMP1 class car running Light Dash and Kentli batteries)...

Attached Files:

7. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

Yeah this style of racing is pretty cool where you can lease a car from their website. Also you can build a car for one of the classes and send it in .They store it nicely and race it.here is the website. www.mini4wdworldcup.com
    Another cool thing is drivers from all over are already racing with us..Thailand. Germany. Singapore.italy.. so it's cool. I see your from Michigan were neighbors. I live in Indiana.
    You should go sign up and race a car. They have acool system as how you pay for stuff. You buy Coins. 10,000 for $1. 50,000 $5 and so on. You can even upgrade your car with parts

8. Scott Turner

Scott Turner Washer

6305.jpeg

Here is one of my Qualifying sessions where I noticed the motor going bad. But the motor at this point had like 23 miles on it. You can see each lap it got worst. But it only cost $3 for a fresh motor to race. And the performance jumped right back up.
    Check out their website and come race an endurance Mini4wd race. www.mini4wdworldcup.com