1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

ABS Stock or ABS Reinforced?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Drew, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

I figured this would be a better place than any to post.
    Today I received one of my packages from Japan, which included a pack of Reinforced N/T-04 units.
    Unfortunately, I noticed right away that the new parts were NOT reinforced. I wanted to make this post so people could see the difference between stock or reinforced. I've only resized and added indicators to the images, they are NOT colour altered in any way, also I've attached them as thumbnails, so be sure to click on them to see full size.

Here is the part in question.
    IMG_20180212_135446.jpg

In this image, you can see the colour difference, it's subtle but you can see that the reinforced part (bottom) has a much more deeper and vivid colour where as stock abs (top) looks slightly washed out and the colour doesn't look as sharp on the edges. They also have slightly different textures, the stock abs is smooth, while the reinforced has a very fine grit feel to it.
    IMG_20180212_135536.jpg

If you hold it up to the light, you can see the real difference between stock abs and reinforced parts.
    IMG_20180212_135642.jpg

2. celt63

celt63 Lock Nut

Yeah, I've noticed the reinforced parts are more "fibrous" if that makes any sense.