1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Angle Adjuster Plates - 15373

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Alex Soon, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Alex Soon

Alex Soon Box Kit

I bought and tried to use them for the front bumper to create a 3 degree downward angle for the rollers.

But it seems super flimsy.

I used electric dremel to cut item 15506 plastic spacer to create 3 degree angle but due to the dremel being too high speed, part of the plastic melted.

I had ordered the item 74024 and plan to use it to create 3/4/5 degree angled plastic spacer out of item 15506. Wonder will it work....

Anyone here tried before?

2. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

They do work and cutting them is no problem. But a better option is to get angle plates made out of FRP or Carbon. Go to Stargek, hang out and ask other local racers where they get their angle plates. Either they buy them from someone or have the tool to make them. If you still have trouble, send me a message, I have all the tools to make 5 and 9 degree plates but am in the US and have no idea how long mail to Singapore would take with the pandemic

3. Alex Soon

Alex Soon Box Kit

Hi ltr74, thanks for the offer. I chanced upon a HG item - 95318. I wondering if this item is good to use. I am thinking to use this for a combination of angles by using double-sided tape to combine them together to form 2 + 2 degree, 2 + 3 degree etc. As for those CNC FRP & HG carbon, i saw them available for purchase online but i was thinking of doing it myself as best as i could.

I tried to hand-saw item 15506 plastic spacer and end product was off a 1-2mm.