1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Kamil's MS build 1.0

Discussion in 'MS' started by KamilA, Jun 14, 2019.

1. KamilA

KamilA Box Kit

I'm just starting racing and still learning the concepts.

I had this idea of copying how a real car's transmission and suspension system behaves.

The idea was to use tamiya steering system on the front wheels and a front sliding bumper for steering then use one-way wheel set as the rear differential. For the suspension, i'm building the uncut ms suspension by "arena mini 4wd club" youtube page. I plan on doing this build with as minimal modding and as much as possible, use cheap and common parts.

I have yet to buy the springs for the ms suspension and the front sliding bumpers.

The first issue i encountered was that there was a lot of vibration on the steering wheel set.

Attached Files:

Drew likes this.
  2. PastorJack

PastorJack Screw

Interesting project! Are you open to the idea of further modifying the wheels to create a pneumatic tire set up as well?

3. miniature_zebra

miniature_zebra Box Kit

Ahh... I am currently working on just exact same one except the suspension thing.

I also had experienced same issues. The steering system provoked jitters and loss of huge driving power. Maybe you have already cleared issues or given up I don't know, but in my case installing 850 ball bearings dramatically improved transmission efficiency. (The instruction says it's optional, but in my opinion it is a must)

Also, carefully filing down the burr on the caps (the parts directly fits to the shaft and hold down the wheel) helped a lot for smooth steering moves.

4. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

Sometimes, some of the simplest ideas can be the most fun. Sounds like an interesting concept. The steering kits are not perfect, even with the bearings and trimming the caps it can still be a bit jittery. Look forward to seeing the end result.