1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Leiywens' AR build

Discussion in 'AR / FMAR' started by Drew, May 11, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

I'll let the pictures do most of the speaking. Shout out again to Mad Tang, Zen Bluster, Orange and all the other youtube videos filled with info. A lot of my build came from watching these videos, especially Mad Tangs :D

I have mentioned elsewhere that I've dabbled in Mini4 in the past, but it was mostly just stock. So with this build I decided to try my hand at a professional build. This is my first ever attempt. Things were broken and cut badly during the course of building, but it's been a fun and interesting journey.

Below is my AR build, I've followed the guides for floating gear system and have to say, I'm impressed by how much more quiet and uniform the sound is. Currently setup with hyper dash 3 and 3.5:1 gear. Unfortunately, I can't test and tweak the build as I'm still waiting on the shop that is building the track.

I wasn't initially planning on this colour scheme, but I got lazy and bored of waiting for parts to arrive (I've had to order everything from overseas since the hobby is dead over here in the UK). I had originally wanted to make a carbon/red/silver build, but remembering that the Avante had metalic red high light stickers, I figured I'd go with that since it gives a sort of sporty look to it (No, I wasn't thinking it's the colour of the Union Jack).

Hope you all like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dxn Provisions

Dxn Provisions Moderator

Staff Member
    Looks pretty good ! Bummer on not being able to test it on a track though !

3. Chris Lee Design

Chris Lee Design Aluminum Lock Nut

better looking than what I made my first time, haha. It must suck so bad having to wait for the track. If you're super bored, I've seen japanese make their own tracks using acrylic or cardboard. If you need a pic, I can see if I have it saved.

4. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

I've seen it too, since I had a lot of pizza boxes, I decided to try making some card strips and tape them to the floor (floor is tiled). It worked a little, but I was just too lazy to do it properly. I also didn't really have the materials for making the corrugated card track. Anyway, I've waited years just thinking how to get back into it, I'm sure a month or two more won't hurt.

5. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

Finally got a test run! Runs great, sounds smooth.

Murdock likes this.