1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Anchor Bumper

Discussion in 'General' started by Roscoe_tm10, May 25, 2020.

1. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Lock Nut

Hey guys, it's been awhile. This time I want to share about this new bumper that I've found on Twitter.

IMG_20200516_145622~2.jpg

The name is LG Anchor / LG Bumper.

I've asked for a permission from the founder of this bumper: るどらが (@lldoraga): https://twitter.com/lldoraga?s=09

You can see the full tutorial video on my YouTube Channel.
    Link:

Have fun and don't forget to experiment! Peace!
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

S_CASTER and Skootertrash74 like this.
  2. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

It's interesting. I've been working on my own designs isolating the movements so each is more adjustable. This is clearly all movement in one feature. I'm going to throw one of tases LG bumpers together and see what it's all about and what modifications are possible,

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  3. Reuben Herries

Reuben Herries Spacer

I had thought of the same idea... I think as log as the down force is strong enough so the rollers do not flop over mid turn? need some good slow motion footage of it landing some jumps / getting hung up

Roscoe_tm10 likes this.
  4. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

The important part to stop rollers from creating angle(Flopping over) is to have one roller above the Roller stay and one below. It gets in to much more complicated physics about having one roller further away from the stay exerting more pressure than the one closer but for a general rule it works well. one of @Roscoe_tm10 early anchor system videos where he hung out with his buddies and talked about their cars talked about it a bit.

I have not build this system yet but have some ideas on how to possibly fix a flopping over issue if it exists.

Reuben Herries and Roscoe_tm10 like this.
  5. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Lock Nut

Thanks for watching man. To be able to know and share the detailed information provided in my video proves that you carefully watched my video. Much appreciated!

ltr74 likes this.
  6. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

You make great content and your English/captions are great so it's easy to follow along. So I watch all I can.

There is really a lack of English language mini4wd information out there. I've been wanting to start doing more myself but with the pandemic, my wife and son are home all day and the only free time has been filled with recording lectures for my students. 3 hours a week of recording lectures plus prep and editing time means when I have free time, the last thing I want to do is set up and record more video.