1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

MA Flex, CNC only.

Discussion in 'MA' started by Chris Lee Design, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Chris Lee Design

Chris Lee Design Aluminum Lock Nut

Hey guys, I've been away for a while but glad that the forum is growing!

I have some extra time from this semester so I'm challenging myself to build an entire car just using my benchtop CNC at home. The only time my hands will touch the car is when I'm bolting everything together. This will push me to CAD design everything on the computer first before making all the parts.

I'm going with MA because previously I was religiously loyal to MS so I want to try something new. I also noticed that almost all the races since Feb of this year in Japan have been won with MS only (Probably thanks to S_Umiji) and I want to see how far I can push the MA. This will be tricky since I won't be able to do a MS style suspension build so I'll have to design around that and compensate it somehow.

The goal is to race @Dxn Provisions in Sept for the 5-Lane wood track, 2018 J-cup track layout.

Stopped by @Dxn Provisions to grab some parts and hit the ground running.

Check out my Instagram @chrislee.design if you want to see non-mini4wd CNC stuff. @teamkuso for mini4wd stuff including this build.

Here's the machine I use, Carbide 3D Nomad Pro 883

[​IMG]

Here's what I got done over the weekend. Needs a bit more cleanup but more importantly all the cuts are accurate!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tarutaru likes this.
  2. Avila Manaut

Avila Manaut Screw

How did it worked?