1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mach Frame Tire Question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kajiren, May 22, 2019.

1. Kajiren

Kajiren Screw

Hey guys,

I have just gotten two sets of small carbon wheels from the Vanguard Sonic kit from a friend (as these are rare to get without buying the whole box), along with the small tires from Beak Spider Premium. While I find that hard tires can be used in conjunction with superhard tires depending on the track layout, I saw this while googling the Mach Frame:

af16bad7b82a41e3dbabce13b2a2ade3.jpg

Some claim that the super hard small dia tires can fit the carbon wheels from Vanguard Sonic, others say they don't. I'm unable to fully verify this, as some shops here don't open boxes for compatibility testing. Can anybody help me out with this? Are there any other small dia low profile super hard tires in the market that you can recommend? Thanks!

2. ltr74

ltr74 Spring Cap

They will not fit the Vanguard Sonic wheels. Tamiya's labeling of tire size is not very good. There are 4 sizes of tire/wheel combinations.

The mach frame wheel/tire combination is medium diameter on the list below.

Small Diameter available mostly on Super 2 and SFM cars. There is only normal slick tires for this wheel size.
    Medium Diameter available on AR, MA, FMA and MS chassis. Tire compounds include normal slick, hard, super hard and low friction
    Large diameter available on AR, MA, FMA, MS, VS and some Super 2. Tire compounds are mostly hard with low friction arched tires avaialble. Medium sized can be stretched onto the wheel.
    Extra Large (6 spoke) wheel available on AR, FMA chassis. Tire compounds are hard and super hard. Large diameter tires can be stretched onto extra large wheels.

3. Kajiren

Kajiren Screw

That clears it up then. Thanks!