1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mini 4WD on your cell!

Discussion in 'New Releases' started by Drew, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

I don't know how many of you have heard about this, I've known for a while now, but Bandai Namco and Tamiya partnered together to make a M4WD game app for both Android and iOS. They've just gone into sign up mode for testing. I don't really read Japanese so I don't really know the details, but I've looked for the sign up but I'm thinking it's probably JP sign up only at this point.

Anyway, for those interested: https://mini4wd-app.bn-ent.net/

If anyone can translate the basic info or just want to discuss this, lets get the discussion going down below!

2. tarutaru

tarutaru Washer

I hope it gets released to the global market. As it currently stands, its Japan only ( pre registration )

3. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

So game released yesterday. Although there's no official English release, there is a couple of ways to get to play. First is to download and play in Japanese.

Download QooApp on your phone, and through that you can install Mini 4WD Hyper Dash Grand Prix. Once it's installed, you no longer need QooApp. This will allow you to play although it will be entirely in Japanese. You can also use this method to run M4HDGP in an emulator on your PC. I'm using the latest version of Memu (android emulator) and got it working fine.

Running it in an emulator brings me to the second point/way of playing. If you're not content and want to read it all in a certain languge (my case English), you can do so by using Google Translate app on your phone. Once installed you can set the language options, for me Japanese to English, and use it in camera mode. All you have to do then is set up the phone so it can see the emulator on screen and you'll have slow but real time translation (albeit broken English or which ever language you use).
    This method also works with double phone, so playing on one phone whilst using a second to view the screen and do real time translation.

I'll make a stream in a little while on facebook after I walked my dog. If people haven't watched it there, I'll grab the video and reupload to YT and paste the link here for people to watch.

4. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

I didn't realize the stupid app I downloaded to use would only do 20min streams, so I had to restart it 4 times >.>
    Here' are the links to the video on my FB page, I'm not sure if they'll load straight up or not, if not and need to be add to friend list to view, just send me an invite over there and I'll add ya.

So to sum, this is basically just me streaming the new official Tamiya Mini4 game on Android in an emulator on PC and streaming through the google translate camera with real time translation, it's not great, and you'll need to run the vids full screen but hopefully it'll be useful to glean information from on how to play.

5. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

@Drew your videos are set to private or were deleted.

I'm working my way through learning how the game works. I should load it on my iPad and use google translate to at least read the menus as my Japanese reading is very poor.

Drew likes this.
  6. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

I'm such a noob. I don't really use most of the functions of facebook xD
    Also, looks better viewed on FB.