1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

MS Flex with AT front and rear bumper

Discussion in 'MS' started by Eisenhardt, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Eisenhardt

Eisenhardt Box Kit

Hi,

I stayed 5 weeks for Business in Hiroshima and had enough time to build several cars. I wanted to make a Gimmik machine and started with a MS flex Chassis. After that I made a front bumper based on the guide by Roscoe (
    ). I hadd to change the attachment points but it is working good. Rear bumper is also made according to Roscoes guide (
    ). I added a small plate on top of the two long center screws because I noticed slight bending of the screws after severals test runs. In addition I added a common car cather piece as Mass damper holder for the rear. Also I use a very simple body damper system. The tyres are maroon slick tyre in the rear and grip tyres on the front with alu wheels. When I am back at home I will reduce the tyre thickness.

I tested the car on a long track with many curves in a shopping center in Hiroshima. I used Hyper Dash Motor and 3.5:1 gear ratio without any issue. But I think the car is too heavy to be really fast.

Attached Files:

yao wei likes this.
  2. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

That looks like a big track for a shopping center in Japan. Normally they have a small space, but build really good compact tracks.

As far as weight goes, the aluminum wheels, ABS body and FRP plates is going to add a good amount of weight. You should be able to replace those parts pretty easily, especially if you are still in Japan. Pick up carbon fiber versions of all the FRP and use those. It will be stronger and lighter. For the front FRP roller stay, you can buy a 2019 Japan Cup front roller stay(the one with gold printing) it will have the same mounting holes. I've used it on my MS flex with front pivot system and it works well.

3. Eisenhardt

Eisenhardt Box Kit

I was also surprised about this track. I did not expect one in this size. But it was a lot of fun to use. Especially on weekends several families came and raced. The fathers were buying new parts and building the cars and the children were racing.

I will make some additional test runs. If the setting is still good, I will replace the FRP parts with Carbon. As these parts are even in Japan quite expensive I want to use them only on tested settings. I have to check if this 2019 Japan Cup stay is available. In the store here there is only a limited selection available.

Tried to make good picture while running on the track, but my mobile phone camera is not good enough to make proper pictures from fast moving objects.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020