1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

New build! Updated with current progress

Discussion in 'Super I / II' started by PersonalUser, Apr 21, 2017.

1. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I'm going to make a new carbon Super 2 to try and overthrow the //too popular// front body damper fm setup here in the Philippines and It'd be great to have your guys' advice and expertise! Please feel free to give as much info as possible hehe, pics soon!

*update*
    I decided to make it a bumper less setup with a long tail. I haven't decided yet on its roller set up but it'll most likely be 19 mm throughout. As for the damper and break setup, that has yet to be decided hehe

*update 2*
    Did sort of a mock setup of the car and I noticed it looked very similar to z3n blusters S2 "Tyene". I'm currently planning to make the back longer as suggested but right now it looks pretty solid! image.jpeg image.jpeg

*update 3*
    There was a race today at our place, didn't join but I got to test for a bit hehe. It was running fine on light dash but I decided to kick it up a notch to hyper dash 3, then i had to add brakes that are taped over so that it wouldn't get as much speed out to the tabletops and camel backs. I raced against the champion of the race (he had the usual FM front body lantern setup) and I was ahead for some parts of the tracks up until his car caught up to me since majority of the tracks had turns (it's a usual thing here to have a lot of turns to extend the track) and he had medium diameter tires on which led him to have better acceleration than me.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Artee likes this.
  2. Chris Lee Design

Chris Lee Design Aluminum Lock Nut

Do you kinda know what direction you want to go in?

If the popular build is: FMS2 w/ front latern, then are you going rear motor s2 with rear latern? (oddly enough that is what's popular here.)

Personally, I've seen both do well. I've only built 1 s2 so I can't give advise, but I'm sure other guys on here can chime in. S2 is popular here.

Artee and PersonalUser like this.
  3. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

Oooh, I might try that then, my current s2 has a front lantern, a rear lantern might do me better! I'll try to research further. Oh and it's not FMS2 that's popular, it's just FM with a front mount lantern hehe, it just sorta annoys me that I've seen podiums around here that have three cars with that same set up.

Artee likes this.
  4. アーサー@F-Lev

アーサー@F-Lev Washer

It's all in the individual car's setting, but S2s are generally easy to make quick. If you want to be a little different from the other guys there, try a side-mass-damper matched with a rear Touhoku-style damper.

I'll leave the details to your imagination as each car should represent the builder, but will say you should utilize the existing holes in the chassis. They're there for a reason!

5. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

Oooh, that seems interesting! Its definitely different but it looks like it can perform really well! I'm gonna start the build soon so I'll update soon with pictures! Thank you very much for the advice! c:

6. Artee

Artee Box Kit

Same here in Dubai, the races are usually dominated by FM cars built by Filipinos, I have nothing against it but wanted to try another set up and see if it can beat the Ultra Dash FMs, I currently have an S2 build in progress with a Jet Dash.

PersonalUser likes this.
  7. Chris Lee Design

Chris Lee Design Aluminum Lock Nut

Everything looks good to me, not sure if you were going to make this cut, but this will give you more room in the back if you trim the front a bit. Just a suggestion, the blue circles are to imitate 19mm rollers.
    s2.png

PersonalUser likes this.
  8. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

Yup! Im gonna do that cut to make more space on the back like you said. I also already made a mock up of what it would look like with some spare parts!

9. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

Dope! Do you plan on posting the builds progress on here? It'd be nice to see someone else's build with (sort of) the same goal in mind hehe

10. Artee

Artee Box Kit

Just a simplistic build but here it is, work in progress hehe

11. Artee

Artee Box Kit

Just a simplistic build but here it is, work in progress hehe

Attached Files:

zerosc and PersonalUser like this.
  12. Artee

Artee Box Kit

Attached Files:

zerosc and PersonalUser like this.
  13. PersonalUser

PersonalUser Washer

Badaaaaaaass, I wish my cars looked that clean when I make em HAHA! I wish you good luck on your future races and hope you smash em FMs hehe