1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate my AR

Discussion in 'AR / FMAR' started by pandows, Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pandows

pandows Box Kit

Hey guys,

Dumb nubie here, I started my 1st tamiya with Aero Manta Ray, I built this by watching zen bluster youtube video 100x times (Thanks!)

grew a lot of love with AR but got stuck as I didnt find a lot of setup reference. At first I wasn't keen to pierce the chassis or trim FRPs to build better front / tails, but i guess that the only way to go.

I wanted to have more stable ride on jumps / cornering, and better brakings. current setting have no problem in changing lanes but can only handle torque tuned motor
    any input for me?

also pardon the parts color combination :)

AR - back.jpeg AR - front.jpeg AR - side.jpeg

2. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

Mad Tang has a series of videos that goes through building an AR chassis. It's quit detailed and explains why we do certain things. Definitely something everyone should watch.

So assuming you don' want to go with extremes, there are a few things you can do to improve performance.

Build a front mounted body damper. It will improve the performance of your car and is not very difficult. I don't have an AR with a body damper but here is a picture of my VS which has a really simple body damper system.
    IMG_0693.jpg

Second, as much as you don't want to do much modification, cutting the rear bumper and building up for the rear roller/brake setup is important for ease of modification and tuning. Again example from my VS, but you should get the idea.
    IMG_0689.jpg

Even without going front bumperless, that will get you some improved performance.

Kaybo likes this.