1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tamiya 94943

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Alex Soon, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Alex Soon

Alex Soon Box Kit

Hi, I got the chance to purchase this rare item which i understood Tamiya had ceased the production.

Its a super hard arched tires meant for large dia wheel.

is this set of tires only good for fast cornering given it is super hard + arched both pointing to low friction ? Are there any more super hard arched tires by Tamiya ?

I also understand there 2 downside - (1)Arched also means it tend to bounce a lot upon landing after a jump (bounce can be reduced using aluminium wheel) (2)high center of gavity means car will tend to fly out of track (stability can be enhanced by having front roller pointing downward 3 degree or more + placing front roller further away from the front wheel )

Is my understanding correct above?

Thanks.

2. tarutaru

tarutaru Washer

I'm under the impression that large diameter arched tires are not competitive at all in a technical track. They are best used on mostly flat tracks with no jumps, and perhaps performs well under a high speed tuned category where u cannot trim the tires.

I would say the large diameter arched super hard tires are best used as material when making the 35mm high speed tires, or perhaps as a collectors item.

3. ltr74

ltr74 FRP Popsicle

Pretty much collectors item at this point. The current trend is smaller diameter super hard or low friction tires on the medium sized rims between about 23mm and 24mm diameter. You can't cut down the larger diameter tires to get small enough.

4. Alex Soon

Alex Soon Box Kit

Ah, there no point wasting the extra money to buy collector's item.