1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Transmission of MS chassis.

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by RuyHD, Jun 2, 2019.

1. RuyHD

RuyHD Washer

Hi guys,

For MS chassis users, do you modify the transmission system? or just retain the box stock configuration plus the inclusion of 520 bearing and fluorine coated gear shaft?

I'm curious if there's a way to make a cleaner transmission system in MS in a basic way in analogy to my MA transmission system that I just inserted some small washers to reduced the wiggle movement of the gears.

Thanks a lot :)

2. Drew

Drew Carbon Fiber Dust

MA and MS are pretty much the same for making the transmission cleaner. Stabilise the pink/orange gear, add a washer/motor washer for the counter gear if necessary. I always use a bearing minimum on the counter gear, although complete floating gear is probably best but difficult to produce. You could also make your own gear shaft out of 2mm hollow propeller shaft to reduce the wiggle also (regular shafts are 1.8mm) if you're using bearings.

RuyHD likes this.
  3. Roscoe_tm10

Roscoe_tm10 Spacer

You can use fluorine coated shaft, ao520 bearing and then add an eyelet in the front of the counter gear. Or if you want a more advanced setup of the transmission then go check this out:

I did something at the end of the video. Perhaps you might be able to figure out how to create the transmission.

This is the run of the MS chassis which used the transmission:

RuyHD likes this.
  4. RuyHD

RuyHD Washer

Thanks! I already brought a prop shaft for FM chassis and will try to create a countergear shaft :)

5. RuyHD

RuyHD Washer

Thanks Sir Roscoe!, great video :D, hmmm my question is in your modified transmission gearshaft for countergear I bet it is not the same fluorine gearshaft? cuz it is not popping out wherein the original gearshaft is kinda loose and less in length that can be easily pop up. Hmm what's that stopper between the bearing and the end of gearshaft at the rear countergear box?