1. Welcome to the North American Tamiya Mini 4WD Forum ! Get in and get involved, post today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tuned VZ - Mk. 1

Discussion in 'VS' started by Spirit Of Motorsport, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Spirit Of Motorsport

Spirit Of Motorsport Washer

Recently finished my first tuned VZ build and I'm excited to see how it runs. It's built in a similar style to my S2/VS builds with a few new updates for 2020. The car is running hard tires in the rear for grip and acceleration while the fronts are low friction for (theorized) better cornering and top speed.
    [​IMG]
    For the body I used an old Avante body that I reused from another build. (The body may get updated soon.) The fully cowled carbon is mounted further back than normal to get the rollers closer to the wheels which promotes cornering. There are 13mm tapered rollers mounted underneath the front to prevent potential hangups on the track wall. A single carbon popsicle serves as my front brake bar and protection against any head on collisions.
    [​IMG]
    The rear utilizes an H bar mounted underneath two springs. This creates a similar effect to the anchor bumper allowing some movement in the bumper, it will help the car re-enter the track from a jump. A carbon rear brake stay is utilized to handle the rear brake pad and prevent the H bar from having an upward angle after landing.

I will be testing the car for the first time tonight at DXN and will update this post with a track time and small analysis. Let's see how far we can push the VZ chassis!

David S. and Skootertrash74 like this.
  2. Reuben Herries

Reuben Herries Spacer

Let us know how it ran and any feed back!!

Skootertrash74 likes this.
  3. Reuben Herries

Reuben Herries Spacer

upload_2020-7-9_16-34-44.png
    I ended up winning box class with my boy coming second! The little VS ran fast all night - but hangs up a bit unfortunately!!!

Skootertrash74 likes this.
  4. yao wei

yao wei Lock Nut

nice build,
    care to share the winning run video?